Leading the Way: Electronic Forms on Demand for Hospitals
Enhance Patient Safety, Cut Costs and Boost Productivity
No More Expensive Pre-Printed Paper Forms
Using pre-printed paper forms wastes the time of hospital staff members, incurs high financial and environmental costs and puts patient safety in jeopardy. More and more hospitals are turning to the electronic forms on demand solution from Access, the world’s leading e-forms software provider, to overcome these challenges.
With Access Intelligent Forms Suite, a hospital can:
- Generate barcoded e-forms when needed, replacing stocks of pre-printed forms
- Intelligently add patient information onto forms using data from the HIS
- Apply barcodes to forms automatically for enhanced tracking and indexing
- Ensure that only current and compliant forms are in use
- Attach digital versions of forms to EMRs/EHRs via the ECM system — no paper or manual indexing
- Easily convert existing forms, update versions and create new forms using an intuitive graphical designer
- Create barcoded wristbands, medication and specimen labels that help ensure patient safety
Instead of going to a storage area, shelf or cart and wasting time retrieving multiple pre-printed paper forms, the Access Intelligent Forms Suite enables staff to simply click a button to generate the latest versions of all the required forms on demand. With pre-printed forms, manual labeling or an addressograph machine is needed, whereas these are unnecessary with the Access Intelligent Forms Suite.
The Access Suite also intelligently puts patient data from the HIS onto e-forms and applies barcodes, eliminating time-consuming tasks and the costs of maintaining equipment and purchasing labels, folders and other supplies.
Seamless integration with EMRs/EHRs with no manual indexing
When e-forms are complete and scanned, an enterprise document management (ECM/EDM) system uses the barcodes to associate the forms with the correct electronic medical/health records (EMR/EHR), minimizing the risk of treatment errors and eliminating time-consuming manual indexing. This seamless integration also speeds the availability of patient information across the enterprise.