Create Paperless Registration and Bedside Consent Processes
Collecting traditional, hand-written signatures from patients at the point of registration and point of care necessitates the use of paper admissions packets and bedside consent forms, which incur high financial, environmental and productivity costs, delay admission and inhibit information sharing.
Then there is the issue of security. It is almost impossible to ensure the integrity of signatures on hard copies as the form(s) they are on moves throughout the hospital and into patients’ electronic health records (EHRs). Finally, there is the problem of producing signed forms for a legal health record (LHR) e-discovery request, RAC audit, FTC audit or other request for information.
With this proven solution, your facility can:
- Create fast, paperless processes at the point of registration and point of care to boost patient satisfaction
- Eliminate the financial, productivity and environmental costs of paper forms
- Consolidate forms in electronic versions that only require one patient signature – at admission or bedside
- Improve information availability by interfacing signed forms into EHRs via the ECM/EDM system
- Enhance your Red Flag procedure, to help comply with new FTC privacy regulations
- Eradicate document loss and ensures data integrity with advanced biometrics