We’ve heard story after story from hospitals about the shortage of ventilators needed for COVID-19 patients, as well as how their exhausted clinicians are using trash bags to protect themselves when caring for those with the virus. Through the years, the Access team has formed relationships and friendships with our customers, and amid this global health crisis, we feel compelled to do anything and everything we can to help.
Access has the technology to convert paper processes into fully electronic forms, and we’ve been working with our customers to learn how our solutions can help protect their healthcare workers and patients from virus transmission.
We’re proud to introduce the Access COVID-19 Rapid Response eForms program as a way to help protect those healthcare workers fighting this virus on the frontline.
Like the name suggests, Rapid Response can be deployed in a hospital in 24-48 hours. It’s a hospital-centric electronic screening solution that a patient completes and electronically signs at home – on their own device – before they come to the hospital. Once in the healthcare setting, they have a “contactless” registration experience that’s faster and safer for them and for healthcare workers.
The first part of the Rapid Response solution to be released is the screening feature, which follows a simple three-step process:
- A patient answers questions about their symptoms using the online screening form. This can be done at home or even on their own device in the parking lot of a drive-thru healthcare clinic.
- Hospital staff view the patient’s responses on an intuitive dashboard. Patients are identified as low-, medium- or high-risk, based on data they provide in the online screening about their age, symptoms, pre-existing conditions, etc.
- Once sorted by risk, healthcare workers can communicate the appropriate instructions to the patient. Central Scheduling can monitor the dashboard for high-risk patients, and pre-register them using data captured during the online screening process. This also sets the stage for pre-registration documents to be sent to the patient for electronic completion and their digital signature capture.
In addition to the three-step process, the Access Rapid Response eForms program provides hospitals with three key benefits:
- Deployment speed: A hospital can be live with the online screening tool in as little as 24-48 hours
- Patient flow: Hospitals can better control the flow of patients who should and shouldn’t be admitted
- Reduced transmission risk: Eliminates paper forms to create a contactless registration process for those who are admitted, reducing the risk of patients exposing other patients, as well as healthcare workers, to COVID-19
Visit here to learn more about Access Rapid Response eForms program and to sign up for the solution. In just 24-48 hours, your hospital can have one more tool in its arsenal to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission among patients and healthcare staff.